Wednesday 8 May 2013

Cheaper than chips: 8-5-13

I fought off an incredibly strong impulse to go and spend money today after school.  It was a hard battle but I won - and by that I mean I didn't spend!  Phew!

B:  Toast, butter and strawberry jam.  The toast and butter are out of the week's allowance and the jam was home made last year and only a little bit left in the bottom of the jar anyway.  (by the way, I checked my jam and chutney shelf and there's plenty there to keep me going, so that's good.)
L:  Cheg, salad, mayo (all leftovers from the party and very nice it was too!), 2 satsumas (free)
D:  The other butter bean burger from last week, chips (a few in a bag in the corner of the freezer, celery and carrot sticks (leftovers),

I'm not even going to attempt to cost it out, I wouldn't have a clue, but it's all frugal in that it's leftovers or freebies mainly.  So I think it's going to be OK, even though the actual costings are not possible this week.

(and I'm making some more butter beans - they've been soaking all day, I've boiled them for 20 mins (because of any toxins) and now they're in the slow cooker to simmer away overnight!)

No comments:

Post a Comment