Saturday 22 June 2013

Cheaper than chips menu: 22-6-13


Breakfast:   Proper porridge, made mostly with water.  Banana and yoghurt.

Lunch:  Jack Monroe has just posted a recipe for spiced potato soup on her blog, A Girl Called Jack, and I'm going to try it out.  I have some 'real' chicken stock so will use that rather than a stock cube, because, basically, it's free, and add extra herbs from the window ledge and garden.!  With it I shall have some fresh baked bread.  Sounds good and I hope it tastes good too.

Dinner.  A Hairy Dieters chicken korma - I mean it's their recipe - from the freezer.  With it I want to try to make a wrap 'basket' by lightly oiling a wrap on both sides, moulding it over a pyrex basin and then baking it for a short time in Handy Andy (my halogen oven) which will be cheaper.  I have no idea if it will work, I will let you know!  It's a bit of foodie vanity anyway!  And then i will have some fruit and yoghurt.

I haven't worked out the cost but, given that the main meal is from the freezer, the rest won't come to all that much.


No comments:

Post a Comment