Saturday 3 August 2013

Cheaper than chips menu: 3-8-13

First of all, yesterday's food was scrummy.  I've already posed about the evening recipe so here's a photo of the lunchtime salad - the lettuce, cucumber, courgette and tomatoes were all garden produce


I made a really delicious salad dressing but you know how it goes - add a bit and taste, add a bit and taste.  I didn't write down how much I used but it contained vegetable oil (frugal!), cyder vinegar, maple syrup, lime juice, grain mustard and some spice (I forget what) and maybe a few other bits and bobs.  Sorry - but it WAS nice, still is, in fact!

Today's food:
Breakfast:  bacon sarnie (I have bacon and bread to use up)
Lunch:  Jack-burger (carrot, cumin and kidney bean) with a salad, coleslaw and potato salad, apple
Dinner:  tuna pasta.  At the moment I am deciding between a tomato based sauce and a soft cheese based sauce.  Pineapple and yoghurt

Lots of water (didn't do so well on this yesterday), some coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment