Monday 26 August 2013

Recipe: Cheese and onion drop scones: cheaper than chips

This is a Jack Monroe recipe and can be found here.
The instructions are very clear so I won't reproduce them.
It's very frugal at under 15p a portion (two drop scones from the ten that the mixture made) - less if you use value strong cheddar instead of value not-parmesan which is what I used.
The parsley was from the garden.
It's dead easy.
Best of all, they are absolutely scrummy, especially when fried in bacon fat.  Mmmmmmmmmmmmm.  Well worth a try.

My changes:  as mentioned, I used bacon fat instead of oil, not-parmesan and I added a good pinch of mustard powder.

You could make them smaller, bite sized, and they would look lovely!

Here's my breakfast - so delicious and filling too.


No comments:

Post a Comment