Tuesday 24 September 2013

Recipe: slow cooker spiced apple butter

Borrowed from Google Images
I was wandering around some of the blogs I so enjoy visiting and reading now and again and my eye alighted on something on the right.  I clicked and arrived here, at a recipe for slow cooker spiced apple butter.  Having just sung the praises of my retro slow cooker I was intrigued and decided to have a go.  It's even better that I had some apples left that a friend gave me plus all the other ingredients needed.  Perfickly frugal!

I won't reproduce the recipe here as you can see it via the link, but I was just a little nervous about leaving it gently simmering away all day while I was at school.  However, nothing ventured, nothing gained, as the saying goes, so this morning I set it all up, gave it the hour on high, turned it to low and left for school.  When I came home I used Thermione to blend it down to a very smooth, buttery consistency and poured it into jars.

And now I wait to see if it will set.  If it doesn't I can either boil it up until it does gloop or it will be great for sauce or to make ice cream, etc..  Can't lose really.

Oh, and most important, it tastes wonderful!

The blog I got it from - Allotment to Kitchen - is lovely.  It has some intriguing and delicious looking recipes and is well worth a visit.  Go on, take a look!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Joy, Thank you for letting me know and i am so pleased that you like it. I haven't made any yet, but am hoping to get hold of some apples this w/e. thank you so much for your kind words and the link back to my blog by name, its really appreciated.

    ReplyDelete