Saturday 9 August 2014

Recipe: Pizza base

Home made pizza is wonderful.  It is not likely to be 'authentic' but I don't care, it is wonderful so  I thought I'd post the dough recipe I use.

Ingredients:  To make two pizzas/feed four
300g strong bread flour
1 tsp instant yeast
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp olive oil

Method
Measure the flour into a large bowl, add the yeast and salt and stir in.  Make a well and pour in the oil and 200 ml warm water, bringing it all together with a wooden spoon.
When it is a soft, fairly wet dough, turn out onto a floured surface and knead until smooth.
Then you can leave it to rise if you want a thick crust or use it straight away for a thin crust.

OR:  Bung everything onto a Thermione, setting 4 minutes on the bread setting!!

After topping, bake in a preheated oven on preheated trays at 240C (lower if it's a fan oven) for around ten minutes or so.

I prepared everything else earlier:  a tomato sauce, onion, mushroom, yellow pepper, ham and cheddar cheese.

It was very, very good - as my visitors kept saying as they devoured slice after slice after slice!

No comments:

Post a Comment