Saturday 14 February 2015

Frugal fun: butter tip

I found I was using way too much butter.  not good either from a health point of view or financially, although, to be fair, I use Morrisons at £1 a pack.

I have a diddy little butter dish.  It was one of those 'ah, that's so cute' purchases that I probably ought not to have made but did.  The internal dimensions are about 8.5 x 5.5 cms to show you how diddy it is.

So what I did was I cut the butter in half and half again to give me four cuboids (yes, I'm a teacher!), each one just the righ size to go into the little dish to last me all week.

You know what?  I still have some left!  And I've had butter when I've wanted it on my morning toast and on my beans on toast.  Just shows me how easy it is to waste when there's a lot in front of you.  And the little dish isn't wasted either!

No comments:

Post a Comment