Sunday 31 January 2016

Home made brioche buns

I had a rather nice school lunch a few weeks ago - a chicken burger in a brioche bun.  The bun was really nice so I went a-looking and found this Good Food recipe.
http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/brioche-buns

Because the link is there and I hardly changed the recipe at all, I won't reproduce it here although I can't for the life of me see why they gave the butter in tbsps - it's about 60g!

I don't really like working with such soft dough which is why I was glad to do the messiest bits in Thermione.  However, that resulted in a very 'liquid' dough that transformed dramatically into a soft, sticky dough with 'body' when I added another 50g flour.  It might have been the way Thermione kneads, I don't know.

I didn't have sesame seeds so didn't bother with the egg wash bit either.  They would have looked nicer if I had, but the taste is great anyway.

This amount made 15 buns.






No comments:

Post a Comment