Monday 22 February 2016

An easy pizza base

I first heard about this on Facebook, looked it up on Google, watched the video and had a go.  It's very nice and no hassle at all.  Quick too, compared with the yeast based base

The original states Greek yogurt.  I didn't have any, just my home made 'normal' kind, which changed the proportions.

Ingredients:
SR flour and natural yogurt in the proportions two to one - e.g. two cups flour to one cup yogurt (if it is Greek yogurt it is 1.5 to 1)
Pinch of salt

Method
Mix the ingredients together to form a dough.
Knead the dough gently on a floured surface until the gluten has developed and it feels 'doughy'.
Divide into however many bits you want, shape each bit into a round and roll it out thin.
(my two cups to one cup made two pizzas)

Place on a baking sheet (I put mine on baking parchment too), add the toppings and back at around 200C for 10 to 15 mins, until done.

No comments:

Post a Comment